Low Back Pain Treatment with Chiropractic
Low back pain is something that affects millions of individuals worldwide daily. In fact, studies have shown that approximately 60-70% of individuals will suffer from non-specific low back pain at some point in their lifetime. In America alone, that number comes to approximately 31 million individuals.
What Can Cause Low Back Pain?
Low back pain treatment can be sought out for any number of conditions. While there are many organic reasons some may suffer from low back pain, such as arthritis or scoliosis, most causes of this particular pain are mechanical in nature.
Low back pain is typically defined in two ways:
- Acute back pain: short-term pain that lasts between a few days and/or a few weeks.
- Chronic back pain: continuous pain that typically lasts 12 weeks or longer.
The type of low back pain you may experience will depend heavily on the cause of the pain, which can range quite a bit and include:
- Skeletal irregularities
- Traumatic injuries
- Inflammatory diseases
Low Back Pain Treatment Options
Just as the cause of low back pain can vary greatly, so can low back pain treatments. The treatment option you choose will depend heavily on the nature of your pain. While some may seek medical treatment, such as topical or prescription medications and even surgery, others seek out more natural, less invasive treatment options.
When seeking out low back pain treatment options from the team at Pelchat Chiropractic Center, your doctor of chiropractic may suggest one or a combination of the following low back pain treatment options.
- Spinal Manipulation: the physical manipulation of your musculoskeletal structure to help bring your body back into proper alignment.
- Spinal Decompression: a gentle stretching technique designed to take the pressure off your spinal discs.
- Massage Therapy: A technique that manipulates and relaxes the muscles of the body
- Therapeutic Exercise: Helps prevent scar tissue and adhesion formation following an injury using various stretching techniques.
Low Back Pain Treatment in Melbourne, FL
Just because the majority of individuals experience low back pain at some point in their life doesn’t mean you should suffer. Whether it’s acute or chronic pain, don’t wait to seek out low back pain treatment.
In need of low back pain treatment in Melbourne, FL? Then contact us today or call our office at (321) 242-7721 to schedule your appointment with the team at Pelchat Chiropractic Center.